Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Soul

I'd like to share some of my views and thoughts about the “soul” based on my understanding from my life's experiences.

What Is The Soul?
Many times I wonder where I came from and what the reason is for my being here on earth. But the answer seems to be with in me, it’s in that element in all of us, which is invisible and unexplainable: the soul. I believe that I am a soul and have a body and that I also have God's spirit within me. When God created humans (Adam in the Biblical sense) God formed them in His own figure (which is holy and transparent). When God gave Adam the breath of life, He gave His spirit to everyone on the earth. I strongly believe that the physical body is lower to the soul because when Adam and Eve disobeyed God's word, they were given physical garments. So how the physical body is a cover to the soul, similarly the soul is a cover to the spirit. So I do believe that humans are three fold beings. The soul is the core of the divine spirit, which God gave to each one of us. That means a speck of God and his divinity is within all of us. Hence, we are God's children.

God gave each of us the gift of eternal life; we were born with spirit, soul and a physical body. The physical body is perishable. My body is not the real me. The soul within my body is. It survives death.

What is the purpose of the soul on earth?
When you get a chance of helping others please don't neglect or ignore it. After helping others in anyway you can, you feel good in your heart. You feel the sweetest satisfaction of your life and also you feel your worth. That means you are doing what you were meant to do on the earth.

Sometimes some people suffer in so many different ways but the pain you suffer, the loneliness you feel, and each trouble you face will give you a chance to see and feel the satisfaction of helping others. That makes your soul understand the purpose of coming to the earth to be good and helpful. I’ve learned that we should just try to be what we truly are and leave the rest to God. God and His grace will take care of you.

So look at yourself as a spiritual being, whose true home is beyond this world. Remember that the soul within in us survives death and goes back in to the spirit world where it came from.

Remember everything that is painful happens for a reason: to teach a lesson. That will help one to grow spiritually.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...